One search field, multiple elements

winchester

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to have only one field for searching the data of 2 to 3 different elements.

Basically, I have 4 elements that I would like to have in the search.
  • Beach name - textbox element - The name of the beach.
  • Other names - textarea element - Other names that the beach may also be called.
  • Town - textbox element - The town the beach is in or closest to.
  • Parish - dropdown element - The parish where the beach is located.
I would like a single search field that will search through the data for "beach name", "other names" and 'town" and to use a dropdown field to filter the parishes.

Right now, I have 2 search fields, "Beach name" and "Town" (disabled the "other names" field for now) and the dropdown for "parish". The problem is that the beach name field only looks up data in the "beach name" element and the "town" only looks into the "town" element's data. Another, even bigger issue is that when you click on the search button, the result page shows no results. It only shows the search/filter form (similar to the on on the list page) and no results. However, if you do the search again on the empty result page using the list page filter/search form, it works as expected.

I already followed the instructions from the Create a search form page in Fabrik Wiki, twice and got the same thing. Is there another tutorial with another method that I can try?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
~Winchester

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back