PDF Custom Template fails after update to v3.9

Bren

Hello all.
I was excited to see the latest Fabrik update to v3.9. I tested the update (with a cloned site) by updating both Joomla and Fabrik to 3.9. Everything looks to be working well with the exception of my PDF custom template. It seems to be ignored and the default pdf template is used instead. Not sure why. If anyone has any suggestions it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I can't replicate.
I tried the div template set as PDF template, works fine on my site.

Yes; but did you copy one of the default templates, rename it, make custom css changes to it, select it in the list pdf template layout settings & then test it to see if your changes truly happen on the downloaded pdf?
If so; could I trouble you to remind me how to trouble-shoot pdf template issues because, since this Joomla / Fabrik 3.9 update, all I get is the default pdf template when I download it (though my custom template is selected in the list settings)?
Thanks in advance.

Yes, I copied the div template, added some text in default.php, some css in custom_css.php
All is displayed correctly in the PDF.
Was your template working before the update?

Debug:
In Fabrik options set DebugPDF, this should display the "PDF HTML" in the browser.

Yes, my custom pdf list template worked fine just before the update. This report is used every day. It would be the 1 reason for me to hold back on updating my real site.

I tried setting the DebugPDF to yes and, strangely, after clicking on the pdf button the pdf list template does not download; but instead displays on the same web page correctly without any errors. So, now I'm really confused. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I tried setting the DebugPDF to yes and, strangely, after clicking on the pdf button the pdf list template does not download; but instead displays on the same web page
This is exactly the debug behaviour.

From which version did you update?
Was it working in you cloned site (e.g. same server settings, php version etc)?
Did you also update the Fabrik lib?

From Joomla! 3.8.11 & Fabrik 3.8.1
Yes, identical settings.
Not sure about the Fabrik lib. I just updated via the Joomla update plugins settings. Maybe that's my issue... Should I download the latest from Github instead (following the Fabrik update recommendations)?
Thanks in advance.

Joomla update doesn't show but there's a new Fabrik library 3.9
It's big so I assume you have to use "Install from folder"

OK, I just downloaded that close to 60Mbs zipped lib file & successfully uploaded to my site. I checked in the plugin manager to make sure it was listed & published. Then I tested the pdf list download and, unfortunately, still have the same results. Any other suggestions?
While in Fabrik downloads, I noticed the (Kitchen Sink) download. What's that? Should I download & install that, too?
Thanks in advance.

I can't see any heavy changes in the bootstrap template.

You say it's displaying the correct PDF template on the screen in debug mode.
Are you sure it doesn't use your PDF template in the PDF? Add some text to default.php, maybe it's only some issue with the CSS.

Is it working if you e.g. use div as PDF template?
Check in Fabrik options/Global the setting of the PDF library.

I tried your suggestions and experimented some more. The PDF template does change when I select the div template or the bootstrap template. I tried adding custom CSS to the bootstrap template and it's like my updated v3.9 ignore the custom_css changes. Not sure why...
Yes, the Fabrik options/Global setting is set to dompdf (though I must admit I tried changing it to MPDF when I 1st noticed the issue; but it didn't help). Not really sure what to do next except maybe re-clone & test the update all over again. What do you think?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back