Search results

1. F

Joomla 3.10.11 - long in the tooth; Fabrik form error

I maintain a small site that uses a Fabrik contact form I wrote ages ago. After various updates of both the Joomla! install, Fabrik components and PHP, any submission of the contact form, instead of sending the form mail and displaying the expected "success" message, instead results in this...
  2. F

Recaptcha Error, Joomla 3.8.8, Fabrik 3.8.1

Joomla! site, modified Protostar template. After recent Joomla! update, Recaptcha on Fabrik form now displays, instead of the challenge: ERROR for site owner: Invalid domain for site key Of course, I have not changed the keys, but did recheck with Google to make sure they are still valid. All...
  3. F

Email plugin: how to put form sender's address in Reply-to field

If I use the email plug, it sends the appropriate form info to the correct address. But when the recipient opens this email, what appears in the "From" address (which is what the email program tries to reply to) of course, is the admin email for the site. So, if the email recipient tries to...
  4. F

Timeline Visualization - need to load Simile timeline files locally

It took me a while, but I managed to import data into a List successfully, and set up the Timeline visualization. I've never used this plugin before. Joomla 3.7, Fabrik 3.6 I created a menu item for it and when the Timeline displays, weird: it breaks the HTTPS page by saying it is trying run a...
  5. F

Joomla 3.7 upgrade + PHP 7.1 upgrade: Fabrik error

Just upgraded a site from Joomla 3.6x to Joomla 3.7, also reconfigured server to use PHP 7.1 My Fabrik extension is at version 3.5.2 Site seems to behave normally, but in backend, when navigating, I always receive get this error: Warning: Declaration of FabTable::getFields() should be...
  6. F

ACL and Joomla! menu item type Fabrik Form

I have a Joomla! 3.6.5 site, Fabrik 3.5.2, where one of the main menu items is of the type Fabrik > Fabrik Form. In the Joomla! menu item controls, I have access set to Registered. The form contains one Group. I have the group access set to Registered. All of the Elements in this group show...
  7. F

Can't add an image to Form?

Latest builds of Fabrik & Joomla. Going to Form > Detail In the text entry areas for Introduction and for Footer text, in visual mode, there is no way to insert an image! In HTML view, if I hand-code an imafe file, this also doesn't work - it's removed when I Save the form. Anyone know what's...
  8. F

AltaUserPoints and Joomla! 3.6.4 - working?

I've got a Joomla! site that really needs to be updated to 3.6.x pretty soon, as the 2.5.x install is pretty long in the tooth. The only hitch thus far is the old Alpha User Points plug. AUP and Fabrik work perfectly. There doesn't seem to be much out there that resembles AUP except the...
  9. F

Update Joomla to 3.5, update Fabrik to 3.4 : form broken

Just did these updates. The Fabrik contact form I built is now broken, and it generates a 404 with this error: 1267Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=SELECT *, e.name AS name, e.id AS id, e.published AS published, e.label AS...
  10. F

Dropdown choice generates text label?

Is there a way for a user's dropdown choice to generate a text label - i.e., a different label for each choice from the dropdown. Would this be just a variation of the cascadingdropdown element?
  11. F

Value user chooses from dropdown causes change in second dropdown's values

Trying to figure out the logic behind this: A User selects a value from a dropdown, say, the name of a food, thusly: > Sandwich > Soup > Drink > Dessert Each of these values has its own further dropdown, once selected - let's say the user has selected "Sandwich". After he has chosen...
  12. F

Rating will be enabled once the form has been saved?

I am in the process of writing some new forms for a Joomla! 3.4 site. I downloaded and successfully installed the Ratings plugin, but it doesn't behave like the Joomla! 2.5 version. I added an Element, Ratings type. But when I look at the form, I receive the message (in place of the ratings...
  13. F

Importing Fabrik forms to new site - SQL errors

I am trying to move some Fabrik forms from an old Joomla! site (v. 2.5.2.8) to a new Joomla! site, ver. 3.4. I have successfully installed the latest Fabrik version onto the 3.4 site, and now I'm just trying to Import the data - elements, groups, forms, views - from the Joomla! 2.5.2.8 site. I...
  14. F

Joomla 2.5 to 3.4: Import Fabrik forms?

I am (gradually) moving a Joomla! 2.5.2.8 site to Joomla! 3.4 One of the issues is that I have a number of fairly complex custom forms created in Fabrik 3.07 on the Joomla! 2.5 site. I need to move these forms to Joomla! 3.4 I THINK that the Fabrik 3.3.4 that's the latest version for Joomla...
  15. F

Correct way to upgrade to Fabrik 3.1+ from 3.07?

I am in the process of upgrading a Joomla 2.51 site to Joomla 3.4, mainly to be able to use some of the features that Fabrik 3.1 has added. The last version of Fabrik for Joomla 2.51 was 3.07, which is clearly not compatible with Joomla 3.4 So, my question is how to migrate the existing Fabrik...
  16. F

Form element validation: Is a number great than zero?

I tried using the isgreaterorlessthan plugin for this: Set to "Greater than", but then what? If my element is called "Quantity", then I assume that "Quantity" should be selected from the Field dropdown. Why is there even a choice here, if I am editing this element? Anyway, then the PHP - I...
  17. F

Joomla 2.5.1.7: Add page class to a Fabrik form?

I have a Joomla page of the type Fabrik Form. In Menu Manager, I entered in Page Display Options, a Page Class of "special" - without the quotes, of course. Saved the menu item. But in an examination of the resultant Joomla page containing my Fabrik form, there is no class of "special"...
  18. F

Fabrik Form permissions puzzle

I have a small Fabrik db that I am working with. If I create a Joomla! menu item -> Fabrik List type, and set the permissions so that a select group of users can see it, it works fine. If I change the menu item to ->Fabrik Form type, same db, same permissions, I receive two messages: Sorry...
  19. F

Email from Fabrik form: including hidden elements

Sorry if this is pretty basic, but I cannot seem to recall how to do it. I have a Fabrik form with a number of elements, some of which are hidden. The hidden elements are filled with data pulled from the logged-in user's profile. I know this data is being brought in correctly, because if I...
  20. F

Is there a way to format the element Tips?

I looked in the docs, but didn't find anything on this. Is there a way to style or format the different elements' Tips? As-is, they show the tip text all on one line, which is OK unless you have maybe a whole sentence you want to use as a tip. Then the Tip window becomes very wide and somewhat...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back