Search results

1. jeffhoneyager

I need to know...

Are there any plans to build the Package Function? I need to know if I can wait for the feature. Or, do I need to learn Cobalt or another CCK that does this?
  2. jeffhoneyager

Business Suggestion

I initially started using Fabrik because of the "packages" concept. I wanted to create a package on a development site and sell it to a number of my clients. Development was discontinued after I built the app (i.e. a CAPA system for quality control). Suggested business model to pay for the...
  3. jeffhoneyager

Passing the filter element via URL

Thanks for the tip. 1st attempt failed - kept old search filter. This worked! - created a hidden menu item (not needed) with alias "search-from-form", then used this in the RSForm: https://myclient.com/search-from-form?resetfilters=1&client___client_name={client:value} The "resetfilters=1"...
  4. jeffhoneyager

Passing the filter element via URL

Element = client___client_name list filter, required The menu item url is: index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=1 I collect visitor information (name, email, ... + company_name) in a form (RSForm PRO), then send them to the above link. I would like to add the client_name from the...
  5. jeffhoneyager

Are you still supporting and updating Fabrik?

Since Fabrik has moved to different owners, there seems to be a stall. Is it still being supported? I first got on board with Fabrik because of all the great features AND because there was a tool to create packages for other Joomla sites. Packages are still in the wiki... Will you be adding...
  6. jeffhoneyager

Packages

I want to create Fabrik applications, then install them on a number of sites. Using content types is hit and miss. When will I be able to do this with Fabrik?
  7. jeffhoneyager

Where did the tutorials go?

I want to pay for professional support - the sign up/pay is gone. Where do I do it now? It has been too long since I set up a Fabrik list/form - I relied on the simple tutorials to help me "remember." Where did they go? How do I get help?
  8. jeffhoneyager

Create a report only

I have built 4 tables / lists. I want to create a report only - no forms needed. This report will pull data using a SQL statement across about 5 tables - Joomla Core Table, A table from an extension (J Quiz Deluxe), and Fabrik tables. Can I, How/Where can I build a listing?
  9. jeffhoneyager

Drop down select from a second, non-fabrik table

Thanks! I was looking for the "join" element but found it as "databasejoin" works great!
  10. jeffhoneyager

Drop down select from a second, non-fabrik table

Fabrik table / list call "document" In the form I want to display a drop down list using the "name" field from a different component's table called "exam". I want to insert the name and record id from that list into the document table/list. When I create a join on the document table with the...
  11. jeffhoneyager

Professional Support Forum

I went to the link, took a bunch of time trying to fill in as much as possible, clicked "submit" and received a "oops - couldn't find the page" Hopefully it went through... What now?
  12. jeffhoneyager

Professional Support Forum

I've been looking for a link to subscribe to the Professional Support Forum... Is there one? Thanks.
  13. jeffhoneyager

Join issue

Table Reject id reason_id ...other fields Table Reason id reason_code reason_description I create a join - type = Left From = Reject To = Reason From column = reason_id To column = reason_code Repeatable = yes When displaying data the fist entry in the Reject table seems to look up and...
  14. jeffhoneyager

Remote Db Connection

Are there any examples of what the form looks like with a remote connection? I can't find it in the documentation. Thanks.
  15. jeffhoneyager

Remote Db Connection

A client has a remote database we need to connect to for lists, and joins. What do I use in the Connections form to point to a remote database? What database systems will Fabrik link to? Thanks
  16. jeffhoneyager

How to move a list (with forms et.al) to a different site

Hugh, Thanks a ton. Now I have to figure out how to update from github. I believe it gives me the list.php file to modify I believe it shows these 4 lines to add at line 9222 + $prefix = $config->get('dbprefix'); + $match = str_replace('#__', $prefix, $match); + + $config =...
  17. jeffhoneyager

I tried the #_ and get a 404 error. Thanks for the guidance. Hopefully the "Package" code is on the roadmap.
  18. jeffhoneyager

Thank you!!! Here's a quickie that relates... One of the elements will be used to link to a joomla article. In the element setting for title is... List View Settings >> List Settings tab: Custom Link =...
  19. jeffhoneyager

I've been looking for a couple days. Where is the documentation to take a list, export it, and move it to another site. I know there is a way, but I can't find it after searching, and searching... Thanks!
  20. jeffhoneyager

Join between a component table and the com_content table detail show article.

I tried: /index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id={#_content___id}:{#_content___alias}&catid={#_content___catid} But got a 404 error.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back