changing a user's user group in the backend doesn't seam to sync correctly

ok. Do you think it would help to use the usergroup element instead of the field element?
One thing I liked about the usergroup element is that it shows the usergroup name instead of the group ID. This way the normal user could see clearly what user group he is in. But if the field element is more secure, I guess I could also use a clac element for converting the group ID to the group name, right?

Works fine for me.

Make the group element a field, access controlled to Special for add and edit.

Eval'ed default as per my previous post.

In the juser plugin, make sure that element is selected as the group ID field, and that the group IDs you want to use are selected in the "whitelist" option.

http://screencast.com/t/xa1RpeqWNpFn

-- hugh

Thanks for your screencast!
But I think you didn't set ACL to special. This is what makes the difference. I f I set ACL to special, the group element disappears for form (add).

weird!!!
I just checked again, if I set it to special, it's not visible for form (add). What could be the reason for this?
I don't think it depends on the template. I have purity now and it was the same behavior with my old template...

You had "Details" ACL set to Registered. Which means a guest filling out the account creation form had no access. The "Details" access is basically "read only" access, if they don't have write access (add or edit). If they don't have add/edit or details access, they can't use the element at all.

I also set your menu item (well, one of them) to use the matching query string name (your_query_string) used in the eval'ed default. You can set that to whatever you want, as long as it's the same in both places. And isn't the actual full element name (because for elements that the user doesn't have write access for, we specifically remove any query string values for them).

-- hugh

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back