Front-end Select list not loading

I have just upgraded to the latest GitHub version of Fabrik but now I get the following SQL error on the list page:

Code:
getData:Unknown column 'Array.parent_id' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT  SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT `smp_diary_food`.`id` AS  `smp_diary_food___id`,   `smp_diary_food`.`id` AS `smp_diary_food___id_raw`,   `smp_diary_food`.`date_time` AS `smp_diary_food___date_time`,   `smp_diary_food`.`date_time` AS `smp_diary_food___date_time_raw`,   `smp_diary_food`.`user` AS `smp_diary_food___user_raw`,   `jos_users`.`name` AS `smp_diary_food___user`,   `smp_diary_food`.`meal` AS `smp_diary_food___meal`,   `smp_diary_food`.`meal` AS `smp_diary_food___meal_raw`,   Array.`parent_id` AS `___parent_id`,   Array.`parent_id` AS `___parent_id_raw`,   Array.`id` AS `___id`,   Array.`id` AS `___id_raw`,   `smp_diary_food`.`food` AS `___food_raw`,   `smp_food`.`name` AS `___food`,   `smp_diary_food`.`id` AS slug  , `smp_diary_food`.`id` AS `__pk_val`  FROM `smp_diary_food`   LEFT JOIN `smp_food` AS `smp_food` ON `smp_food`.`id` =  `smp_diary_food`.`food`   LEFT JOIN `jos_users` AS `jos_users` ON `jos_users`.`id` =  `smp_diary_food`.`user`   LEFT JOIN `jos_users` AS `jos_users_0` ON `jos_users_0`.`id` =  `smp_diary_food`.`user` LIMIT 0, 10

I have just sent you both a private message with super admin access details.

The first link in the PM has the SQL error above, once that is fixed you will be able to add a new record (or click the second link) to see the auto-complete in repeatable group bug.

Thanks for looking into this! :)

OK, I had a look, and something had gotten hosed in your list setup, such that the join on the list to the repeat group had been removed.

I've replaced that, by creating a new join, and replacing the group.

But ... there's still issues with the front end select option clashing with the autocomplete option. I'm working on it.

-- hugh

Thanks a lot for fixing the join, it's much appreciated! :)

The autocomplete seems to be working correctly now but if you use the front end select option, the value isn't displayed when selected but it overwrites all the repeated elements.

Thank you very much for working on this! :D

I have set up another similar but simpler example using the Front-end Select feature that is not in a repeated group, but is still has a few problems. You can access this from the link I sent in the access details PM, then clicking on the "Exercise List" menu on the right and then click "Add".

The first issue is, if you can click the "Select" button by Exercise and then set a category filter, the exercises are no longer selectable.

Another issue is that which you do select an exercise from the Front-end Select popup, it doesn't trigger the AJAX calculation whereas the autocomplete does. You can see this in the MET-min element below.

Thanks again for looking into this. :)

I've got this one in my list of things I'm working on. I'm having to take things one by one, so the first issue I'm working on is the "trigger autocomplete' one.

-- hugh

I seem to have run in to a more fundamental issue on my current github code for autofill, whereby it never initializes, due to timing issues in the setup.

I've had to raise an issue on github, for Rob to take look. It's above my paygrade.

-- hugh

Yes, I think your right, it does seem like the same issue.

I hope the Fabrik gurus are able to track down the problem and find a solution.

#306 is not the same issue I believe. That is for the auto-fill FORM plug-in, where as I think you are having issues iwth the database join's autocomplete option?

OK, the link above is not quite true any more so I'll describe the 3 remaining issues again.

On this page (/tools/databases/exercise-list/form/18/0) if you use the Select option, the (auto-complete) Exercise element does now get filed in. But, if you save without entering all required fields, the page reloads with just the id in the element, not the exercise name.

When using the Select option, an entry is only selectable if you dont use any of the filters or pagination. As soon as you use them and the box updates, nothing can be selected. (May I also suggest adding the CSS { cursor: pointer; } to the popup box entries so it is clear that you can click them.)

If you go to this page (/tools/databases/food-list/form/17/0), it also has the Select popup problem on the repeatable Food element when the box gets updated through filters or pagination (problem in previous paragraph). However, when you do select something and the box closes, it does not get displayed in the Food element (the difference from the other example is it that this element is repeatable). If you press Save without selecting a meal, the page reloads the id gets displayed in all repeated elements, not the food name (same problem as in first paragraph). But the main problem with this is that using the select list for one of the repeated elements sets all the repeatable elements to the same value, overwriting any values that may have already been there.

I hope this is clear, let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Many thanks!

On this page (/tools/databases/exercise-list/form/18/0) if you use the Select option, the (auto-complete) Exercise element does now get filed in. But, if you save without entering all required fields, the page reloads with just the id in the element, not the exercise name.
I can't replicate this with the latest github code, it sounds like something I might have fixed recently though.

When using the Select option, an entry is only selectable if you dont use any of the filters or pagination. As soon as you use them and the box updates, nothing can be selected. (May I also suggest adding the CSS { cursor: pointer; } to the popup box entries so it is clear that you can click them.)
Both of these should now be addressed.

But the main problem with this is that using the select list for one of the repeated elements sets all the repeatable elements to the same value, overwriting any values that may have already been there.
This should also be fixed now.

I'm sure there are some other issues floating around, but if you could update and test these changes first that would be fab!

-Rob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back