Hide elements in list but show in form?

MyPhresh

He who seek knowledge begins with humbleness
Hello,

I'm in the embryonic stage of understanding Fabrik (a great application). I would like to know if its possible to, conditionally, show an element in a form but hide it in the list view? The caveat is that the elements are links to other forms. Any assistance with this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much!!!

Thank you for your response. I understand that about hiding the element in the list view, however, I need them to be visible, when their designated form is submitted as each element are links to their individual forms.
  • When a user submits a form, I would like to show only 1 element that is designated to that form.
  • However, each element is associated to the list.
  • See Images to get a visual.
Body_weight.jpgRoutine_manager.jpg

Still not really understanding your requirement. What determines "element that is designated to that form"?

We have JS events on elements that allow you to hide/show other elements/groups, depending on the value of an element. is that what you are looking for?

-- hugh

Yes, that is exactly what im looking for. Thank you. One other question. Is value the element it's id number?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

No. The value is literally the value, whatever the element is set to.

So typically you might use a dropdown element to control hiding / showing some other element or group on the form. For example, you might have a survey, and one group of questions is only relevant to women. So you would have a dropdown for "Male / Female", and attach a JS event to that, which shows your group if the value is "Female". You typically need to add three events - two "click" events, one to hide the group if value is Male, one to show the group if value is Female, and one 'load' event, to hide the group if value is Male.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back