How to install Joomla content plugin for Fabrik3

Status
Not open for further replies.

karilint

Hi.

I have a clean installation of the new Fabrik3.0b and a new Joomla 1.7.2.
In addition, I've installed pkg_fabrik_3.0.0.1.zip. What I need is the Joomla content plugin for Fabrik to work with the {fabrik view=list id=1} -type of stuff on Articles.

With the kind guidance from cheesegrits and troester, I went to github, https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik, and downloaded the repository as a zip file: Fabrik-fabrik-3.0b-2-g15fc2bc.zip.

Following the instructions from README.md I checked out the files into my Joomla installations root directory (C:\...Apache2.2\htdocs\joomla17) . There is a new folder:\Fabrik-fabrik-15fc2bc

I logged into the Joomla administration control panel: Extensions->Extension manager -> discover -> 'purge cache' ->'Discover'.

According to the README.md "Select the Fabrik package and press install".

Unfortunately I get:"No extensions have been discovered."

I'm sure I did something wrong but what it is?

Any help/guidance is welcomed!
-K

Hi,
I did a bit work on felixkat's installation wiki
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/installation-instructions/#Install_Fabrik3.x

You don't necessarily need the GitHub for the first step:
Install the pkg_fabrik_3.0.0.1.zip
Do the purge cache + discover, select the plugins you need/want
at least: "fabrik" (this is the content plugin) and "System-Fabrik"
Goto Extensions/Plug-in Manager and enable those plugins

Upgrading with GiHub-zip: you must unzip and then checkout the content of the Fabrik-Fabrik... folder

As Troester says, you need to ignore the Fabrik-fabrik-xxxxxxxxx folder when you unzip and/or upload. So what you need is inside that folder, that folder doesn't go in to your J! root.

Just FYI, once you have f3 installed, if you are working directly on a UNIX/Linux server, your can fetch and extract the latest github code in place with a single command. Just cd to your J! web root, and do ...

Code:
wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/tarball/master -O - | tar -zx --strip-components 1

-- hugh

Just tried with a new fabrik installation:
Fabrik content plugin is missing in the pkg_fabrik_3.0.0.1.zip (download 4.11.2011), so you need the additional update from the GitHub-zip, after this the Fabrik content plugin is showing up in the "Discover" tab
Install and enable it.

Oooops. We'll get that fixed.

I just went looking for it in the downloads section, and for some reason i can't find any of the 3.0.0.1 files there.

Trying to find out what the deal is.

-- hugh

Ah, OK, only the pkg is in downloads, and it's marked as 3.0b rather than 3.0.0.1.

Not sure why the content plugin isn't in the pkg, or why we don't have a download for it.

Spoke briefly to Rob by text, but it's midnight where he is now, so it'll be tomorrow or Monday before we sort this out.

But as Troester say, until then, once you have the base 3.0.0.1 package installed, you can then just grab the latest tarball or zipball from github, and ftp the content of that up to your server and use J!'s plugin discovery.

-- hugh

Thank you for your help! The trick for me was that the zip files from Fabrik or GiHub had to be unzipped on the same folders (same folder names) in the Joomla(1.7) installation.
I'll close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back