How to show table borders in pdf document

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdc

Hello,

I have create a custom template for PDF documents, but could you help me to have some code for showing all the table borders and rows/columns separators?

Thank you.

What have you tried so far?

We don't really have any control over the PDF rendering, we just run the HTML through the DOMPDF converter, which is a 3rd party library. Theoretically they support all standard HTML markup, and CSS 2.1. But sometimes you don't get the results you expect.

-- hugh

I have just put some header and footer just like in your wiki, modifying default and custom_css.php files.

Same as you would for an CSS styling. Inspect the page for whatever it is you wanted to render as a PDF (list, form), find the class for the thing you want to style, and add it to your custom CSS. So for example to add a border to the main td and th cells in a Fabrik list ...

Code:
.table th, .table td {
   border: 1px solid black;
}

Using something like Chrome's Dev Tools or Firebug in FF will help you find what it is you need to style.

-- hugh

Thank you...it works...but why is my first row?data intended to right?? For example, i have no data in the first column of the first row, but i have data in the (last+1) column...Why?

That I'm not sure about. It's something we've seen happen, but I've never managed to track it down. We've got a couple of people with this issue, so we're working on it, but can't guarantee when we will have a fix.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back