'like' or 'favorite' a listing?

prophoto

Any suggestions on how a user would favorite a listing so it can be saved for later? I was thinking about having a favorite yes/no button then save their userid in another field. Then filter that field in the favorites list.

there's the notification form plugin which might work for you in this case.
Or perhaps the thumbs element plugin plugin- that stores the likes to a separate #__fabrik_thumbs db table

no there wasn't but I've just added it as an option - and updated the code to work with bootstrap in j3.2

thanks for the option! I'm having trouble getting it to work in list view, what should the permissions be?

Does this plugin track who hit the thumbs up/down? After thinking about this it probably won't work for my needs without that function.

Yes it does. When you install the thumbs element, it creates a #__fabrik_thumbs table, which is where all the 'vote' data is stored. That table includes the userid of the voter, along with the form id, list id, element id, row id, etc.

We don't actually render that data anywhere, we only use it internally for working out which icon(s) to show to who for which rows, but it's there in the metadata table if you need it.

-- hugh

Ok that helps, how would I show the user a list of records they have liked along with links to those records?

create a list pointing to the database table #__fabrik_thumbs
create a prefilter on the list to limit to so that the user can see only their records.
Then you will need to set a custom view link on the list, something like:

Code:
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=details&formid={#__fabrik_thumbs___formid}&rowid={#__fabrik_thumbs___row_id}

(replace #_ with your own db's prefix)

My bad, I had forgotten to tell you that the element needed to be re-saved. I'd updated the structure of the db table that stores the ratings, and the only way to trigger that is to re-save the element. I've done that on your site and the thumbs are now saving correctly

Tested and working fine.

Now I need to give the user a list of records that they liked and links to them, not just a list of numbers.

...similar to #4 in this list http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/db-join-filter-current-user.36811/page-2#post-185503.

Users will 'favorite' a record - basically thumb up. Thumbs down will not be used. Records could be in multiple other lists. Then in Community Builder I would like a tab with a list of their favorited records. The favorites list would be at a minimum the title element from the other lists along with a link to the details view for that record.

Go into my site and go to this page /my-menu/my-profile.html then click 'My Favorites' tab. I am going to add the thumbs element to the other lists, just need the links to work.

My Favorites
1. Item Title Maybe some other info
2. Item 2 Title More info if possible
3. Calendar Item Title Event dates if possible

Replacing the numbers - you can set the listid element to a database join element which looks up the list label in the #__fabrik_lists table.(I've done that for you)
You can set the rowid element to a calculation element to build a query to look up the row's list and get that lists' rowid value, I tried installing the calc plugin but whist Joomla says its installed it doesn't appear in the list of plugins. I would have ftp'd it up and installed it via discover for you but your mysites info doesn't provide me with an ftp account.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back