New PDF option

Status
Not open for further replies.
New details on the issue...

I change the website template and suddenly the pdf file has SOME of the greek characters in it! Some are presented with bullets,instead of question marks now. When opening the pdf file i get an error saying

"The font "ARIAL" contains a bad /BBox".

Any thoughts on why are the specific website template causes this error and why i get this error on the pdf?

OK, I managed to get rid of the /BBox error by renaming all the fonts files to ARIALab.cde, where all the abcde CHARACTERS, are NON-CAPITAL!!!!!

Now , i get my list printed on the pdf fine,but the title comes with question marks.

Also, if I use my basic template I again get question marks! Why is that? Is this template overriding something???

Template: maybe the template is somehow resetting the font
ARIAL error ??

I found that the list name is not covered by #listform...
I would suggest to create an extra fabrik PDF template (just copy the default folder, rename to e.g. default_PDF and select as PDF template)
Then in custom_css.php replace #listform... with
* {font-family: arial!important;}

and try again.

Yes man, that did the trick!!!

Thnk u for everything.

As soon as have some time, I will write here a review of all the procedure and maybe u can put it in the wiki as "Non-english character printed on pdf with pdfdom"

I hope I'll have ready by late night today.

Thnks again!!!!!

Ok , after a long time time of searching ad trying, we managed to get non-english characters in PDF file, through dompdf.

1st way.

a) U can try and use the load_font.php file, by running it from command line as

[your path to php]\php.exe [your path to joomla app]\libraries\dompdf\load_font.php Arial C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\ARIAL.TTF

Do the same with the other files that consist the font arial such as ARIALi.TTf etc.
U can find all these files attached some posts above from troaster.

I do not know if the steps below are necessary, using this way but I am gonna write them, as they are necessary for way number 2.

b) Unzip and Upload the dompdf_font_family_cache.dist.zip (../libraries/dompdf/lib/fonts/) attached few posts before, as it contains the reference for the files to be used from dompdf, accoding to the new font.

c)Create a new template that will be used as template for the "PDF template" i your list options. (../components/com_fabrik/views/list/tmpl/). U can do this by copying all files from a template(e.g. default) and name it e.g. PDF_default. In this new template Create a custom CSS (http://fabrikar.com/wiki/index.php/3.x_List_Templates) and in file custom_css.php type the code below:

PHP:
<?php

header('Content-type: text/css');
$c = $_REQUEST['c'];
$buttonCount = (int) $_REQUEST['buttoncount'];
$buttonTotal = $buttonCount === 0 ? '100%' : 30 * $buttonCount ."px";
echo "

* {font-family: arial!important;}  

";?>

This is happening because list name is not covered by #listform...

2nd way:

a) Copy all the files attached concerning the font to ../libraries/dompdf/lib/fonts. MAKE SURE THE "ARIAL" part of the filename is in CAPITAL and ll the other in NON-capital. For example i must be ARIALi.ttf

b) Follow steps b and c from the 1st way

Ok,if you think this must go to the wiki part, feel free to do it and of course correct any of my mistakes or fill in all the necessary "gaps" I have in my explanation.

Thnk u guys!!

Thanks for taking the time to document that.

Troester - in Skype, you mentioned this could be fixed by adding / changing some stuff in github, but we never finished that conversation.

If you can give me details, I'll do what needs doing in github.

-- hugh

i am getting this errors, please help as i want to use the pdf link;

jos-Error:

JSite -> initialise() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\index.php:30
JApplication -> initialise() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\includes\application.php:116
JApplication -> triggerEvent() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\libraries\joomla\application\application.php:230
JDispatcher -> trigger() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\libraries\joomla\application\application.php:642
JEvent -> update() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\libraries\joomla\event\dispatcher.php:161
call_user_func_array() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\libraries\joomla\event\event.php:71
plgSystemFabrik -> onAfterInitialise()
JFactory :: getDocument() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\plugins\system\fabrik\fabrik.php:60
JFactory :: createDocument() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\libraries\joomla\factory.php:192
JDocument :: getInstance() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\libraries\joomla\factory.php:864
JDocumentpdf -> __construct() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\libraries\joomla\document\document.php:297
JError :: raiseError() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\libraries\joomla\document\pdf\pdf.php:58
JError :: raise() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\libraries\joomla\error\error.php:251
JError :: throwError() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\libraries\joomla\error\error.php:176
call_user_func_array() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\libraries\joomla\error\error.php:214
JError :: handleCallback()
call_user_func() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\libraries\joomla\error\error.php:765
plgSystemRedirect :: handleError()
JError :: customErrorPage() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\plugins\system\redirect\redirect.php:109
JDocumentError -> render() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\libraries\joomla\error\error.php:798
JDocumentError -> _loadTemplate() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\libraries\joomla\document\error\error.php:107
require_once() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\libraries\joomla\document\error\error.php:135
include_once() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\templates\yoo_downtown\error.php:13
Warp -> offsetGet() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\templates\yoo_downtown\config.php:21
Warp -> getHelper() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\templates\yoo_downtown\warp\warp.php:142
Warp -> loadHelper() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\templates\yoo_downtown\warp\warp.php:82
SystemWarpHelper -> __construct() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\templates\yoo_downtown\warp\warp.php:134
JFactory :: getDocument() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\templates\yoo_downtown\warp\systems\joomla\helpers\system.php:50
JFactory :: createDocument() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\libraries\joomla\factory.php:192
JDocument :: getInstance() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\libraries\joomla\factory.php:864
JDocumentpdf -> __construct() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\libraries\joomla\document\document.php:297
JError :: raiseError() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\libraries\joomla\document\pdf\pdf.php:58
JError :: raise() @ C:\inetpub\wwwroot\rgw2\libraries\joomla\error\error.php:251

I can't replicate this (tested list and form PDF button).
Which Joomla and fabrik version are your running?
I've closed this thread because it is a very old one.
Can you please open a new thread and give some more informations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back