new table column didn't show in elements list

twscott

Hi,
I created a new column for this table which I used to create another Fabrik list couple months ago.
Now I want to create another list from the same table, but the new column didn't show in the elements list. How do I refresh the setting, so I can continue my work?
Thanks in advance

Scott

Did you create the column via Fabrik (i.e. a new element) or directly in the database?

I found this column was coming from another application, but if I rewrite the old List, will the problem go away?

Thanks

I haven't tested it recently, but I think the "Update Database" button on the main Forms list will add any missing elements.

-- hugh

Thanks, Hugh, but I don't see a button or like of 'update database' in Fabrik's main form. Attached please see my screenshot file. Do you mean this page?

Attachments

• FabrikMain.PNG
    FabrikMain.PNG
    57.2 KB · Views: 340
Thanks,Hugh?
Attached file is my screenshot showing where the "Update Database" is.
But after clicking on "Update Database", the column still not shown in element list.

So, I turned to set "Alter field types"=no in list settings (Advanced tab), and then added a new element with exactly the column name as element name, but I got this warning message: You can't add fields to this list

Is there any other way to fix the problem?

Best regards

Attachments

• UpdateDatabase.PNG
    UpdateDatabase.PNG
    41.4 KB · Views: 333
I think the "Update Database" is only for adding a DB column if the element already exists (ie. the other way around).

Warning "you can't add fields to the list" is ok, this is exactly what you want to do: add an element but without adding a new column to the list.

Ah, yes.
It should do with "Alter field types"= add only new

You'll get a notice after adding the element but it is saved (not really logical but working;))

Hi,

I have set "Alter field types"= "add only new", in options of the fabrik.

I am receiving a message "You can't add fields to this list", the element is not saving at all. Also not able to duplicate the element also.

I can't replicate.
With "Alter field types"=NO you get "You can't add fields to this list" and the element is not saved. This is exactly as expected.

With "Alter field types"="add only new" you get "The element has been saved, but structural changes have not been applied to the database field", the element is saved, the new DB column is added.

I have set "Alter field types"= "add only new", in options of the fabrik
This will only affect lists with "Alter field types"="use Global", what are your list settings?

I am having "Alter field types"= "add only new", but the DB column is not added. Cleared both browser cache and cache from admin panel.
Still not able to add.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back