sum the numbers in a column

Status
Not open for further replies.

braga

I have a table with a column of numbers, I would like at the end of the page that Fabrik made me the sum of the numbers of this column.
I have seen the voices in the elements in order to formulate groups and to apply to the sum but is not clear for me How do it works. Could you give to me a explanation? Thanks

and How can I use a drop down field in a form to choose from a table in join a text field ...? How make a join between the drop down field tools and the table text field?

hi you can sum a columns data by editing the corresponding element, selecting the "table settings" tab, under the "Table Calculations" section select "yes" for the "Sum the column total" option

and How can I use a drop down field in a form to choose from a table in join a text field

use the "database join" element type, select the table you want to join to and the id and label for the drop down.

hth
Rob

hi you can sum a columns data by editing the corresponding element, selecting the "table settings" tab, under the "Table Calculations" section select "yes" for the "Sum the column total" option

Ok I'm using Fabrik version 1.04 on Ubuntu 7.10 with Versione MySQL: 5.0.45-Debian_1ubuntu3-log, phpMyAdmin - 2.10.3deb1
I edited the element "Tot_Pagato" in "tab settings" tab and i put Yes in the "Sum the column total" option an "Public2 for who view the sum.

I save everything and I tried to see How works the Table on witch is "Tot_Pagato".... nothing :(((( I don't see the SUM Just only the spreadsheet of the records.
I checked in Mysql the field "Tot_Pagato" is in Format "DECIMAL" 10,2 but in Fabrik is imported like "textfield", I put number in Element - FORMAT = NUMBER but nothing has happened and the field of number in mysql is 10,2 but in Fabrik Table i see just 10 there's not decimal in all fields of number
Please could'you help me more ?
Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot HELP PLEASE

and How can I use a drop down field in a form to choose from a table in join a text field

use the "database join" element type, select the table you want to join to and the id and label for the drop down.

hth
Rob

Re: sum the numbers in a column (it is a BUG?)

:eek:I Think it is a bug :eek:
I did a simple given table, Date, Description purchase , and Cost without it use mysql, alone with fabrik and joomla

1) First Fabrik is eaten the decimal numbers! How can I make avoid that?
2) According to doing not succeed to obtain the totals "sum" of the numbers of the columns "COST" I have installed XAMP, JOOMLA and FABRIK under WINDOWS XP and I experienced! In this case the reply is affirmative, everything works correctly I am reached to the totals "without decimal" numbers :-\

Returned on UBUNTU I verified if it was able to be the browser not to perform that I command correctly, therefore I looked at FIREFOX and SEAMONKEY like on WINDOWS XP...
Bottom to the list of the records appears the notice "show #" and nothing other !!!!
The SUM of the numbers in the column does not work!!! From thing it can depend? UBUNTU, PHP or other?
Which other details are necessary to help yourselves to resolve me the problem?
Please Help Thanks a lot

PS. I Did a search table I noted that the sum of the totals pertains all of the data and not the subtotal of the data from the search.
It is possible to have the sum of the alone search? How?

for the decimal places try setting the element 'format' to text.
The calculations, by default, get cached and updated only when a record is saved. To turn this option off (and have th calculations run each time the table is show) edit the menu link to the table and set "Reload Calculations" to "yes"
I've also updated the SVN today to ensure that the calculations take into consideration any filters applied to the table data

Cheers
ROb

for the decimal places try setting the element 'format' to text.

I did it but the Decimals are all .00 and not like the decimals in Mysql Records .54 - .12 - .66 etc

The calculations, by default, get cached and updated only when a record is saved.
Ok but with UBUNTU I never see it

To turn this option off (and have th calculations run each time the table is show) edit the menu link to the table and set "Reload Calculations" to "yes".
where is the edit menu link to the table and set Reload Calculations?????

I've also updated the SVN today to ensure that the calculations take into consideration any filters applied to the table data

I'm using UBUNTU 7.10 I've installed SVN but I don't Know the script o How to use SVN software to upgrade my Fabrik could'you help me? Thanks a lot

You should just be able to run the svn client at a command prompt. Create a directory you want to keep the SVN sources in (somewhere outside your web root) ...

mkdir ~/fabrik_svn
cd ~/fabrik_svn
svn --username anonymous export http://joomlacode.org/svn/fabrik/1.0.x/trunk

If it prompts you for a password, just hit enter.

This will create an "unversioned" copy of the current source tree in a subdir called 'trunk'. You could use 'checkout' instead of 'export', but that will create a whole bunch of .svn folders with versioning info and revision files.

Then just copy the new sources you just downloaded in on top of your existing Fabrik install in your web root.

-- hugh

do you have a url we can look at to check pls?

where is the edit menu link to the table and set Reload Calculations

select menu->mainmenu->link to table

on the parameters section, there is an option "Reload Calculations"

You should just be able to run the svn client at a command prompt. Create a directory you want to keep the SVN sources in (somewhere outside your web root) ...

mkdir ~/fabrik_svn
cd ~/fabrik_svn

If it prompts you for a password, just hit enter.

This will create an "unversioned" copy of the current source tree in a subdir called 'trunk'.

Hi Hugh, until here all right! :)

You could use 'checkout' instead of 'export', but that will create a whole bunch of .svn folders with versioning info and revision files.

Then just copy the new sources you just downloaded in on top of your existing Fabrik install in your web root.

Here I've some problem:
alex@alex-laptop:~/fabrik_svn/trunk$ sudo svn checkout /var/www/joomla/
[sudo] password for alex:
svn: Errore del client nella lettura degli argomenti
alex@alex-laptop:~/fabrik_svn/trunk$

where I filed? thanks a lot
bye

Hi Rob, Sorry I'm a little stupid :)

do you have a url we can look at to check pls? ????

where is the edit menu link to the table and set Reload Calculations
select menu->mainmenu->link to table
on the parameters section, there is an option "Reload Calculations"

Ok now it's ok to the Calculations and about the Decimals 0.12 -0.25
But doesn't work the search filters in the table and the Calculation is only for the total.

About the some table from Mysql i can't see the option Reload Calcolations and the Decimals numbers are all to .00 and I can't see the row about the total?????
Thanks a lot

do you have a website page we can look at where this behavoiur is happening?

Im not sure if you understood about where to find the option to reload the calculations - did you find it?

Yes Rob I found it in mainmenu:
Task
Form id
Row id
Table id
Reload Calculations No Yes
Show random records No Yes

it's ok but in main menu of the table imported from Mysql I have just:

task=viewTable
tableid=2

I'm sorry i'm using in localhost of course I'd like to put it in on line but until now I'm learning how fabrik works, the next step is to put it on line. I hope soon
Thanks a lot

Alessandro said:
Here I've some problem:

Did you run the 'export' line I gave you:

If so, there should be everything you need in a subdirectory called 'trunk' in whatever dir you were in when you ran the command.

-- hugh

Hugh Messenger said:
Alessandro said:
Here I've some problem:

Did you run the 'export' line I gave you:

Of course and all is perfect
Esportata revisione 343.

but after i did
alex@alex-laptop:~/fabrik_svn$ cd trunk
alex@alex-laptop:~/fabrik_svn/trunk$ ls
administrator components Fabrik 1.0.x mambots modules
alex@alex-laptop:~/fabrik_svn/trunk$ svn checkout /var/www/joomla/
I supose the command is bad could'you tell me the command exactly... I'm a little beginers
Thanks a lot

If so, there should be everything you need in a subdirectory called 'trunk' in whatever dir you were in when you ran the command.

-- hugh

My come back...
I made some example in localhost and some time the sum working and some time doesn't work.
Finally I try to take a server online with Mysql and Joomla installed. I try to insert a simple example like a bill of the purchases of the day.

www.fpillustrazioni.it/home in tab spesa menu and insert spesa,

It's ok insert new date, show table, it's ok to choose from the list in insert table, it's perfect the "search menu"... but I can't edit the record and modify it.
In the column "costo", I set yes in the sum total of column and I chose a subdivision with IDPagamento like "kind of payment" .

But the sum of column does not appear, may be it doesn't recognize the numbers, in mysql i set NUMBER 10,2 may be with Italian configuration there are a problem? I try to use the comma to the place of the point 123,23 € and not 123.23, and correctly also Mysql recorded 123.00 and so I suppose the mistake is from some other part....
Someone it could help me? Thanks a lot

Ps. I try to Upgrade from 1.03 to 1.04, I hope to save the problem, but:
1) The search filters doesn't work now
2) If I insert number in the element Column Costo that it is like in Mysql (DECIAL 10,2) Fabrik change in mysql the format in VARCAR (255) ?????
3) The Sum of the column doesn't work anywhere....
I'll try to delete all and remake with Fabrik 1.04 new may be this afternoon

HI Alessandro

I cant see your tables as i need to log in :(

1) What filter are you using?
2) Edit administrator/components/com_fabrik/configuration.php and change

$fbConf_alter_existing_db_cols = '1';

to

$fbConf_alter_existing_db_cols = '0';

this will maintain your field types
3) Im guessing you were using either the bluesky or mint templates? If so the calculations had been left out from the template by mistake, I've fixed this in the svn as of today for you.

I cant see your tables as i need to log in Sad
I send you a user and passw

1) What filter are you using?
Field
2) Edit administrator/components/com_fabrik/configuration.php and change
$fbConf_alter_existing_db_cols = '1';
to
$fbConf_alter_existing_db_cols = '0';

Ok I did

this will maintain your field types
3) Im guessing you were using either the bluesky or mint templates? If so the calculations had been left out from the template by mistake, I've fixed this in the svn as of today for you.

I used Default template!!!
I'm using Linux server, I found Rapid SVN Software that work with windows and linux but but I'm not sure How it's working and How I've to install in on-line server to keep Fabrik upgrade???

after to have made updating of Fabrik with svn I re-builded the database.
I resolved some problems like the edit and the modification of the record, it's ok
the filters are working correctly
the sum of the column "costo" it's a mistake !!! ???

I'ts a mistake that the same database works otherwise after an upgrading of the program
try to see tabspesa and tabspesa2 ????

ok i've taken an extensive look:

I created a package of your sites tables and installed them locally.
I don't see the same thing happening on my version of the SVN as on your site.
I created a test table with a calculation that appears to work, the url is for admins only here:
http://www.fpillustrazioni.it/home/index.php?option=com_fabrik&Itemid=32

Could you update to todays SVN and let me know if that works.
If it doesnt can you pm me some ftp details so I can debug further.

Cheers
Rob

I Rob,
I made SVN upgrade at 428 Version but nothing happend I try to rebuild a new example Dbase with Mysql and after connected with Fabrik as Spesa3 but nothing.
Thanks a lot
I have seen your example, sometimes also my example works like it, but now I'm in ??? and your example is not connected with mysql. What kind of problem is in Mysql?

Thanks a lot! I'm waiting a Help from somebody :-[
by

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back