URGENT! List not loading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open either Developer Tools in Chrome, or Firebug in Firefox. Look at the Network tab. You'll see where the AJAX call for the form submission fires, open that and look at the Response tab. That shows you exactly what is coming back from the server.

-- hugh

I just had a look at the form on the backend, and you have a huge number of plugins running - about a dozen email and three PHP, and the PHP ones are running about a dozen database queries.

I think I've fixed it for you. You had quite a few errors in your code. I think the one that was causing the problem is you were running $db->loadResult() on update queries, which is wrong. You only use loadResult() to fetch a result from a SELECT query. For things like insert, update and delete, you need $db->execute().

Are you sure this stuff ran correctly before you updated? I'm kind of surprised that it ever did.

Anyway, I don't know if the plugins are doing what they are supposed to do, you'll need to check that, but at least the form now submits without blowing the database up.

-- hugh

Hugh,

It's working... Thank you so much :)

This is what happens when a non coding fellow like me tries to cook some code o_O

Are you sure this stuff ran correctly before you updated? I'm kind of surprised that it ever did.
Yes... no doubt about that... but I was using error reporting to system default!

In other forms I'm using $db->query() should I also change those to $db->execute()?

Hugh,

I've changed all $db->loadResult() by $db->execute() but the following list continues to retrieve 'SyntaxError: Unexpected token <':

http://www.fisiolar.pt/index.php/pt/pacientes

I've tried to use Developer Tools in Chrome like you told me too but I didn't now how to access the AJAX call in the Network Tab.

Can you please help me and see if I have any error in my php form plugins queries?

Thanks in advance

Just turn error reporting off in J!'s global config. It's a harmless notice from PHP getting injected int the JSON response.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back