F4 Delta

Status
Not open for further replies.

APursch

I'm getting: -
upload_2023-6-1_14-37-38.png

Strange. I just tried.
Update on existing Gamma or a new installation?
Which Joomla and php version?

I googled a bit. Usually this is a Joomla problem with access rights.

I tested the update on one site and all works well

Just tested to install Delta on Gamma3, it's ok here.

But I also had a problem to update a Joomla test site (without Fabrik) from J!4.2.x to 4.3.2, it refused absolutely to do, some access issue on com_updater.
Although I tried to set all folders and files to writetable multiple times.
(I ended up with deleting the complete site and doing a fresh J!4.3.2 install)

(I ended up with deleting the complete site and doing a fresh J!4.3.2 install)
Ho hum; here we go again.
Just about to remove Fabrik and re-install when I found in 'Extensions' that all had actually updated except 'Componant' and 'Package' - still on Gamma3
Removed all. Reinstalled J core files. Tried Delta install again and ...
upload_2023-6-2_10-32-5.png

Last edited:
This was only a test site without Fabrik, so I didn't dig deeper to find the culprit.
It was J!4.2.4 or so, ie not the latest J!4.2.9.
Maybe there are issues if you want to skip to J!4.3.2 directly...

Did you check System Informations/Folder permission? (I missed to do it on my failing site)?
Which server are you running?

Do you have System Debug on and error reporting max?
Maybe something more infomative will pop up.

Last edited:
1. Updated from J!4.2.9 -> J!4.3.2
2. Updated from Gamma 3 -> Gamma 4
No issues so far.

Did you check System Informations/Folder permission? (I missed to do it on my failing site)?
Which server are you running?

Do you have System Debug on and error reporting max?
Maybe something more infomative will pop up.

All folders at: 0755 and files at: 0644
Tried again with max error reporting - no warnings !
I think you've mentioned Admin Tools previously. I removed that a while ago bu am now wondering if something remains

I've often thought that and tried to repair what Admin Tools did but .htaccess is not my best suit. Might you have a bland .htaccess I could try in its place?

So, armed with a 'clean' .htaccess I tried again - no go. Cleared everything out of the site and uploaded and installed J 4.3.2 - no problems. Set a few basics and attempted install of F4 delta ... result below.
It seems all the plugins get loaded and the library but no package.

upload_2023-6-5_15-43-22.png

In desperation I installed the missing fabrik system plugin and component directly from the Delta install zip. I know we're not supposed to but did I mention the desperation?
Anyway, Fabrik seems to be working - touch wood - I've reestablished a list from an existing table and the related form seems to work. I'll find out in time what's wrong; then I can start from scratch again :)

I assume it's some limit in your server configuration. The "component" is the last thing installed.

But I'm not sure if these specific error messages are the reason of the issue (...to many open files) or just an "error in the error reporting".

What do you have for (=xx : values on my server)
upload_max_filesize=80M
max_file_uploads=20

I installed the missing fabrik system plugin and component directly from the Delta install zip.
That's what I just wanted to propose;)

Hi all!

I had similar issues on a test server. Here's a possibel workaround:

- Unpack the F4 delta package
- Upload and install all the items inside one by one.

A bit tedious but it worked.

Kindly,
Lorenz

Depending on the (unknown) reason maybe J!'s "Install from Folder" will do.
https://help.joomla.org/proxy?keyref=Help42:Extensions:_Install&lang=en#Install_from_Folder_Tab
I tried that. So far only semblance of success is with the #15 (& #18 lori19) method above.
Where should I place or what should I do with pkg_fabrik.manifest.class.php and pkg_fabrik.xml ?

To answer my own question: I found administrator/manifests/packages/fabrik and administrator/manifests/packages respectively. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back