SVN Revision532 NO JAVASCRIPT ACTIONS

try putting this in your htaccess file, you will need to ensure safemode is off for it to work

php_value memory_limit 64M
php_value error_reporting 7
php_value max_execution_time 800

hey, it is coming back with an error
Code:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email]webmaster@atticsolutions.com.au[/email] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

when i place that into the .htaccess file; http://www.joomlatutorials.com/faq/view/joomla_security_tips/permissions_under_phpsuexec/60.html states that you can do the same thing with a php.ini file, but i need to know where the export script is ran from, so i can place the php file there, what would be the file path?

As long as you are sure you are running with phpSuExec?

It's be ./components/com_fabrik for the front end, or ./administrator/components/com_fabrik for the backend.

Although you could just put it in the main Joomla root.

-- hugh

try adding one line at a time to your htaccess file to see when the server falls over?
Have you checked you're not in safe mode - it should be listed in the phpinfo page in your joomla site's admin

Rob

from what i have been reading, any calls to php settings from .htaccess are not allowed in later versions of apache as they do not communicate together anymore (or something..) and a php.ini should be used locally in the folder that needs the change in settings (the script folder from what i understand) as it only affects that folder.

In my php settings safe mode is turned off, and the server falls over with any change in the htaccess file. i will send you login details just in case you see anything upsetting. I tried exporting a table locally, and importing the same table into another website database locally. and it was able to export the fabrik data. not the other 2 settings, and when you import the information it comes up with:
Code:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 786432 bytes) in C:\xampp\htdocs\liveinvoice\includes\domit\xml_domit_lite_parser.php on line 913
a different error, but still not functioning.

side note: should all of this information be placed onto another forum; as it is no longer really relating to JavaScript actions..

Josh

hmm not dealt with a version of apache that requires that, Hugh is more of a server guy than I am, perhaps he can shed some light.

From http://www.joomlatutorials.com/faq/view/joomla_security_tips/permissions_under_phpsuexec/60.html
Goodbye ".htaccess" and Welcome ".ini"
Under the old Apache Module mode it was possible to manipulate the PHP settings from within a ".htaccess" file placed in the script's top-level directory, this was also recursively applied to all other directories below it.

For example you could turn on the php setting "magic_quotes_gpc" with this line in .htaccess:

php_value magic_quotes_gpc on

Now, when PHP is running as a CGI and phpSuExec protected, manipulating the PHP settings is still possible however you can no longer make use of a ".htaccess" file. Using .htaccess with the required PHP prefix of "php_value" will cause a "500 internal server error" when attempting to access the scripts. This is due to php no longer running as an Apache module, thus Apache is unable to handle those directives any longer.

so im stuck; i rang my host and they told me to have custom settings for certain directorys make a php.ini file from where the script is ran, so unless fabrik is caching the script, or moving it somewhere im not sure why the custom local php.ini file in the 2 fabrik directorys (back, front end) are not being picked up and used.

Anyway just some ideas, i guess anything is good at the moment

I had an idea; if someone could give me a simple exported package (that has been made on a server without configuration issues), so i can at least see if the importing function works, it may shed some more light on why the exporting function does not.

It's server issue, nothing to do with Fabrik. If you are setting memory_limit to 64MB, and PHP is still bitching when it hits 32MB, then obviously the php.ini is being ignored. You'll probably need to bump it to about 128MB to be safe. Fabrik has to build some large structure and run a lot of code to do the import / export.

Try putting it in the Joomla root dirs (front and back end). I'm pretty sure thats where it needs to be, as that's the script Apache is actually executing. By the time it gets as far as Fabrik, that's just being 'required' through PHP, and the Apache / phpSuExec php.ini mechanism won't have any clue about that.

-- hugh

I know that the php.ini files are definitely being recognized by joomla; as i played around with different setting and i am able to see the changes, so they are definitely communicating together. i changed the memory from 64 to 128 then to 256 and then to 512. all came with the same result as the original php.ini settings. are you sure that i only need to change:

max_execution_time = 800
memory_limit = 128M
error_reporting = 7
?
http://atticsolutions.com.au/php.ini is the file i am using, it is the same default file that is used on the server, with the settings adjusted to what you specified. it is still at the same standstill. could you send me the php.ini file you are using with known good working settings?

Chop that php.ini back to ONLY the settings you want to change from the main server php.ini, which are the three we mentioned.

The values all look good.

When you say "all came with the same result as the original php.ini settings", can you be a bit more specific, and paste the erros or describe the results? This has been a looong thread, and I've lost track of what errors you are gettimg, when.

-- hugh

the error is it is going straight back to
http://atticsolutions.com.au/administrator/index3.php
Afterwards i then need to refresh or go bacxk, and then it requires me to log back in. I have replaced the php.ini files with only the 3 settings that need to be changed.

Still when i select
Export table structure (drop & create tables)
Export Table Records
to be exported, it asks to save a file, and the xml file is only 115bytes in size. and reads:
Code:
 <?xml version="1.0" ?> 
- <mosinstall type="fabrik" version="1.0">
 <queries /> 
 <files /> 
 </mosinstall>

if i export:
Export fabrik Data

the system hangs, and then goes to:
any ideas?

Merry Christmas, thats not a problem; spend some time with your family, and try a few days away from the computer, if your anything like me, thats easier said than done

Josh

Hello everyone, i hope we all had a good Xmas Break!

With this issue, i am currently at the same spot as i was before,

the error is it is going straight back to
Afterwards i then need to refresh or go bacxk, and then it requires me to log back in. I have replaced the php.ini files with only the 3 settings that need to be changed.

Still when i select
Export table structure (drop & create tables)
Export Table Records
to be exported, it asks to save a file, and the xml file is only 115bytes in size. and reads:
Code:

Code:
 <?xml version="1.0" ?> 
- <mosinstall type="fabrik" version="1.0">
 <queries /> 
 <files /> 
 </mosinstall>

if i export:
Export fabrik Data

the system hangs, and then goes to:
any ideas?

SO i am unsure where to go from here, i can send you my login details again if you wanted to have a snoop around and see what exackly is the issue. I cannot use htaccess to change php settings as the host service i am using has phpSuExec installed, so you need to use a local php.ini file, i have created a php.ini file and placed it in all of the appropiate directories and verified that the settings have been recognised by also placing:

Code:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

info a file in the same directory, and it is recognizing the changes, so the local php.ini file is working;

I have made changes to:
max_execution_time = 800
memory_limit = 128M
error_reporting = 7

and varied the memory_limit from 8 up to 512 and tested to see if the results varied. which they didn't, (as per the quote at the start of this message). so i am stuck for making this export function work.

Any help would be great, i have been trying most everything that i can. Both on the host server, and on my local Xampp Install.

Thankyou

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back