Fabrik 3.7 is now available. This version contains critical security updates, please update as soon as possible. Please remember to backup your site before updating, we also recommend testing your updates on development sites if possible.
We had to restore the site around midday (CST) on Wed 7/26 from a backup approximately 8 hours old. So a few posts in the forums were lost. You may want to check to see if you need to re-post anything.
The release of Fabrik for J! 3.8 is not yet ready. Do not update your sites to J! 3.8 until this notice is removed.
Create a link to your form
To create a Joomla menu link to your form:
- Select "Menu->main menu" from the top administration menu.
- Then press the new button
- Next select "Fabrik->form"
- Give your link a name and on the right hand side of the form select the table you want to link to.
- Row id - If the form is set to record in the database then you can specify the record id that will be displayed in the form. Leave blank to open an new form. Enter "-1" to use the user's id.
- key name - Leave blank unless you know what you are doing! Element name (note short element name and not long) to be used with the Row id value. Defaults to the tables primary key. If row id is set to -1 then this field should contain the name of the field that stores the users ids.
- This will enable you to create a form where your users can add a new record but can then only ever edit the record they initially created.
- Show random records - If set to yes then a random record from the table will be displayed in the form.
- Template - overrides the form's template when viewing the form from this menu link. Leave as "-Use default-" to use the form's defined template.