Fabrik 3.8.1 has been released. It is mostly bug fixes and feature enhancements, but does include two new plugins (push notifications, and the sequence element). As usual we strongly recommend testing the new release on a sandbox if your application is mission critical, and always do an Akeeba backup before updating.
Render a single element in a form
In your form templates element's are rendered in the sub template default_group.php
By default the default_group.php sub template loops over the element's and renders them all out.
Often in a custom template we want to get a specific element, so if I wanted to access the element named 'age' I could do:
$ageElement = $this->elements['age'];
- plugin - the element's plugin e.g. 'field'
- id - Unique reference, e.g. 'tablename___name'
- element - the HTML field e.g. <input .... />
- label_raw - the label as plain text
- label - the label text wrapped in its <label/> tag
- value - the value assigned to the element
- error - any error message generated from a fail validation
- column (fabrik 3.0 only) css used to build group columns