If you update to Joomla 3.8.10, please make sure that you either do a full GitHub update of Fabrik, or disable caching for your lists (in the Advanced settings) or turn off Joomla's System Cache setting. A change in Joomla's cache code in 3.8.10 required a fix in Fabrik, which will be rolled in to the next release, but is currently only available in GitHub.
Render a single element in a form
In your form templates element's are rendered in the sub template default_group.php
By default the default_group.php sub template loops over the element's and renders them all out.
Often in a custom template we want to get a specific element, so if I wanted to access the element named 'age' I could do:
$ageElement = $this->elements['age'];
- plugin - the element's plugin e.g. 'field'
- id - Unique reference, e.g. 'tablename___name'
- element - the HTML field e.g. <input .... />
- label_raw - the label as plain text
- label - the label text wrapped in its <label/> tag
- value - the value assigned to the element
- error - any error message generated from a fail validation
- column (fabrik 3.0 only) css used to build group columns