Fabrik 3.7 is now available. This version contains critical security updates, please update as soon as possible. Please remember to backup your site before updating, we also recommend testing your updates on development sites if possible.
We had to restore the site around midday (CST) on Wed 7/26 from a backup approximately 8 hours old. So a few posts in the forums were lost. You may want to check to see if you need to re-post anything.
The release of Fabrik for J! 3.8 is not yet ready. Do not update your sites to J! 3.8 until this notice is removed.
Render a single element in a form
In your form templates element's are rendered in the sub template default_group.php
By default the default_group.php sub template loops over the element's and renders them all out.
Often in a custom template we want to get a specific element, so if I wanted to access the element named 'age' I could do:
$ageElement = $this->elements['age'];
- plugin - the element's plugin e.g. 'field'
- id - Unique reference, e.g. 'tablename___name'
- element - the HTML field e.g. <input .... />
- label_raw - the label as plain text
- label - the label text wrapped in its <label/> tag
- value - the value assigned to the element
- error - any error message generated from a fail validation
- column (fabrik 3.0 only) css used to build group columns