We suggest you do NOT update to Joomla 3.8.10 until we can resolve an issue it causes with caching in Fabrik. If you do install it, you'll need to disable Joomla's "System Cache" in the global System settings.
Apologies for the recent server outage, a planned migration by our host provider to a new location turned into a bit of a nightmare.
Comment form plugin
The comment plugin allow you to add various commenting systems to the bottom of your form and/or details view.
- Comment type
- Disqus- Uses the Disqus commenting web service
- Intense debate - Uses the Intense Debate commenting web service
- JComments - Uses a 3rd party commenting system which you need to install on your site see: http://www.joomlatune.com/jcomments.html
- Local commenting - Uses Fabrik's built in commenting system
- Discus subdomain - Sign up for a Disqus account @ http://disqus.com/ http://disqus.com/ . Once you have done so, add a site to your discus account. Then in this field you should enter the (sub)domain that you assigned to the discus site.
- Intense debate code - Sign up for an Intense debate code @ http://intensedebate.com. Then add your site to your intense debate account. You should find your site code in the site's 'settings' -> 'account' section, then click on 'view site key'
Local commenting options (top)
The following options are only applicable if you set the comment type option to 'local commenting'
- Lock commnets element - Select an element whose value, if set to 1 will disable addition of comments
- Allow rating - Allow commnet ratings, adds a 5 star widget to each comment
- Notify admins - Notify all admins that a new comment has been added. If cron notification plugin installed then it is used, otherwise immediately sends out a notification email
- Allow anonymous - Allow users to comment, but give them a choice if they want their name to appear next to the comment
- Notify users on new comment - Notify all people who have posted on the thread that a new comment has been added
- Use notification cron plugin - If you have the notification cron plugin installed you can set anyone assigning a comment to either not receive notifications, to be given the choice if they want to receieve notifications or to automatically receive them
- Show comment count in title - Decide if the comment count should be shown in before the comments main title
- Digg comments - Can users 'like' comments. Requires the digg element plug-in to be installed - DEPRECATED
- Comment type