Fabrik 3.8.1 has been released. It is mostly bug fixes and feature enhancements, but does include two new plugins (push notifications, and the sequence element). As usual we strongly recommend testing the new release on a sandbox if your application is mission critical, and always do an Akeeba backup before updating.
Email Exists validation
- Error message - The message to display next to the element if the validation fails. This text should explain why the validation failed and what steps the user should take to remedy the error.
- Condition - A PHP expression which if returns false, means that the validation is not run. See here for more information.
- Fail validation when email -
- exists - The validation will fail if the email address already exists in the database.
- does not exist - The validation will fail if the email address does not exist in the database.
- User element - OPTIONAL (but strongly recommended)- if specified, this should be a user element on your form, which this plugin will then use when editing existing data, to determine if an existing row in the J! users table 'belongs' to this user. If not specified, plugin will use logged on userid, so will fail if (say) an admin is editing someone else's row.