We suggest you do NOT update to Joomla 3.8.10 until we can resolve an issue it causes with caching in Fabrik. If you do install it, you'll need to disable Joomla's "System Cache" in the global System settings.
Apologies for the recent server outage, a planned migration by our host provider to a new location turned into a bit of a nightmare.
Special Characters validation
Validates against a comma separated list of characters or words. If found in the element's data these words can be optionally replaced with another string.
- Error message - The message to display next to the element if the validation fails. This text should explain why the validation failed and what steps the user should take to remedy the error.
- Condition - A PHP expression which if returns false, means that the validation is not run. See here for more information.
- Forbidden characters - A comma separated list of characters or words that must not appear in the element's data.
- Match or replace
- Match - if forbidden characters are found then the validation fails
- Replace - if forbidden characters are found then they are replaced with the "replace string"
- Replace string - If "Replace" is selected for "Match or replace" then the matched data will be replaced with this fields text, and the form submitted (unless of course another validation fails in the form)