Introduction(top)Renders a 5 Star rating widget.
Form example (top)
- Rating Mode
- User rating - All users can rate the entry and an average rating is displayed [NOTE: The 'User rating' setting is not designed to work within repeat groups.*]
- Creator rating - Only the creator can set or edit the rating and this is the value is shown rather than an average.
- Access Level - Optionally restrict who can rate based on access level
- No rating option first - should we render the 'no rating' option at the beginning or end of the star list
- Rate in form - the rating element will always be active in the detailed view - turning this option on will also make it active in the form view
- Decimals - If showing an average rating, this field specifies the number of decimals to show in the display
User Rating stores the ratings in the #__fabrik_ratings table, indexed by form id, element id and row id (and user id, so each user sees "their" rating when they view the form / list, and can change their own rating)... but no concept of "repeat count". Basically, rating elements in "User Rating" mode are associated with the form, not a group.
Creator Rating doesn't use the #__fabrik_ratings table, it just stores the rating directly in the repeat group's table, as it's just a "normal" element value, not multiple values that have to be averaged.
- Rating Mode