NOTICE: If you are using Fabrik and update to Joomla 3.10, you will need to update to Fabrik 3.10. And, if you are using Fabrik, do not upgrade to Joomla 4, we do not have a supported version ready for release. More information on a release date coming soon. Also, please note that Fabrik 3.10 will not install on any Joomla sites less than 3.8.Dismiss Notice
Introduction(top)Renders a 5 Star rating widget.
Form example (top)
- Rating Mode
- User rating - All users can rate the entry and an average rating is displayed [NOTE: The 'User rating' setting is not designed to work within repeat groups.*]
- Creator rating - Only the creator can set or edit the rating and this is the value is shown rather than an average.
- Access Level - Optionally restrict who can rate based on access level
- No rating option first - should we render the 'no rating' option at the beginning or end of the star list
- Rate in form - the rating element will always be active in the detailed view - turning this option on will also make it active in the form view
- Decimals - If showing an average rating, this field specifies the number of decimals to show in the display
User Rating stores the ratings in the #__fabrik_ratings table, indexed by form id, element id and row id (and user id, so each user sees "their" rating when they view the form / list, and can change their own rating)... but no concept of "repeat count". Basically, rating elements in "User Rating" mode are associated with the form, not a group.
Creator Rating doesn't use the #__fabrik_ratings table, it just stores the rating directly in the repeat group's table, as it's just a "normal" element value, not multiple values that have to be averaged.
- Rating Mode