Fabrik 3.7 is now available. This version contains critical security updates, please update as soon as possible. Please remember to backup your site before updating, we also recommend testing your updates on development sites if possible.
We had to restore the site around midday (CST) on Wed 7/26 from a backup approximately 8 hours old. So a few posts in the forums were lost. You may want to check to see if you need to re-post anything.
The release of Fabrik for J! 3.8 is not yet ready. Do not update your sites to J! 3.8 until this notice is removed.
- Hidden - sets the date to be rendered as a hidden field
- Default - The default value to populate the element with. If the eval option is selected then this should contain a PHP expression
- Eval - If set to yes then the value entered in the default field is taken to be a PHP expression and is evaluated as such. Element default examples.
- Placeholder - Text to show inside the field, when the user has not yet entered a value
- Input type - Defines which HTML input type to use.
- Max length - The maximum number of characters the user is allowed to type into the field.
- Disable element - Disable the element, the user is not allowed to changed the value and the value is NOT stored in the database.
- Read only - The user is not able to change the field's value but the value IS stored in the database.
- Auto complete - If set to 'Browser' then the browser will show any previously entered values for any field which had the same name. If set to 'Values' it will do an AJAX lookup to find previously entered values for this element. If set to Geocomplete' it will use the Google Maps places API to suggest locations.
- Speech recognition - Currently for Chrome 11 + only. Enables text entry via your microphone.
- Bootstrap class - Adds a class to the input, which defines the input's width.
- Format - Define what type of data the field should store in the database
- Integer length - The length of the integer field when the format is set to integer or decimal
- Decimal length - The decimal length stored in the database when the format is set to decimal
- Number format - If yes, value will be processed through PHP's number_format() function, which will insert thousand separators, and use the decimal point you specify below. So (for instance) to format French numbers, you would use a Thousand Separator of '#32' and a Decimal Point of '.'.
This option will also use the Decimal Length option, rounding the number if necessary.
Formatting is only applied when rendering the number in a list or detail view, does not affect how the value is stored in the table.
Note: number_format() will be applied BEFORE any sprintf() format you may specify in the 'Format string' option, which may mean that sprintf may not recognize the value as a number.
- Thousand Separator - If you selected Yes for Number Format, this will be used as the thousand separator. If you need to specify a space (i.e,. for French number formatting), put #32 instead (Joomla strips spaces from parameters when saving, so you can't just put a space here!).
- Decimal Point - If you selected Yes for Number Format, this will be used as the decimal point character.
- Format string - Applies the PHP sprintf function to the string when displaying the data in the list view or detailed view.
- Input Mask - An input mask string. This uses the input mask jQuery plugin http://digitalbush.com/projects/masked-input-plugin/. It allows a user to more easily enter fixed width input where you would like them to enter the data in a certain format (dates,phone numbers, etc).
This string will input mask : '9' represents a number, 'a' represents alphabetic character (A-Z,a-z), * is either. Characters after '?' are optional. Other characters are inserted in the result.
- a US telephone number with 3 digit extensions : (999) 999 9999 x999
- same number with optional digits would be : (999) 999 9999 x999? x99999
- a serial number would be : aa/999-99-9999
- a date : 99/99/9999
- Display as QR Code - Display value as a QR Code in read only views (list, details, or form where element ACL is read only)
- Guess link type - Will try to guess if the data entered is a URL or email address, if so then in the list view and detailed view the data is wrapped within the corresponding link
- Link target - sets whether the created link will open in a new window.
Creating/Generating a Random String, example a password generator (This has been created from a forum post)
Follow the steps below:
- Create a new element using the field plugin
- Add the following code into the default field area
- Below this area, make sure you turn the EVAL Option ON.
- Save and refresh your form, you will have a random number generated on the form page.